Terms & Conditions
By accessing and using our Internet portal, whose domain is: http://www.starahotels.com and/or other sites operated by “Operadora de Inmuebles Stara”, S.A. de C.V. (hereinafter referred to as Stara* Boutique Hotels), by itself or through any of its holding, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, domiciled at Calle Bosque de Duraznos 55, interior 103, Colonia Bosques de las Lomas, Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City, the user accepts the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE contained in this Agreement and expressly states its acceptance using for such effects electronic means, in terms of the provisions contained in Article 1803 of the Federal Civil Code.
In case of not fully and completely accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the user must refrain from accessing, using and observing the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
And if User accesses, uses and observes the aforementioned sites, it shall be considered as an absolute and express acceptance of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE stipulated herein.
The sole use of such Internet Web Pages grants the general public the condition of user (hereinafter referred to as the “User” or “Users”) and implies the full and unconditional acceptance of each and every one of the general and particular conditions included in these TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE published by Stara* Boutique Hotels at the same time that User accesses the Website.
Any modification to these TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE will be made when the owner of the same, in this case Stara* Boutique Hotels, considers it appropriate, being the exclusive responsibility of User to ensure to be aware of such modifications.
Adherence to the Agreement
Adhesion Agreement for the use of Internet Pages http://www.starahotels.com, held on the one hand by Stara* Boutique Hotels and, on the other hand, the User, being subject, both parts, to provisions established herein.
Non-Exclusive Use License
- By virtue of entering into this Agreement, Stara* Boutique Hotels grants and confers the User the non-exclusive, revocable and non-transferable right to visit and use the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com in accordance with the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE stipulated herein. For the purposes of this Agreement, the parties agree that “User” means any person of any nature who accesses the aforementioned “Website” and/or any of subpages displaying its content and/or the person of any nature who registers itself and/or uses any of the services offered through such page.
- User may only print and/or copy any information contained or published on the “Website” of Stara* Boutique Hotels exclusively for personal and non-profit use; it is strictly forbidden the commercial use of such information. In case of a legal entity, it may not make use of this authorization, unless it is an educational or research institution or one that is not engaged in business activities, in accordance with provisions contained in Article 148, Second Paragraph, Section IV of the Federal Copyright Law.
- Reprint, publication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, electronic reproduction or by any other means, total or partial, of any information, document or graphic appearing on the Stara* Boutique Hotels websites, for any use other than personal or non-commercial is expressly forbidden to User, unless having the prior written approval of Stara* Boutique Hotels.
Guidelines for Use of Stara* Boutique Hotels “Website”
User and Stara* Boutique Hotels agree that the use of the “Website” on the Internet page http://www.starahotels.com shall be subject to the following guidelines:
- Information contained in the “Website” of Stara* Boutique Hotels. User acknowledges and accepts that the information published or contained in such site will be clearly identified in such a way that it is recognized that it comes from and has been generated by Stara* Boutique Hotels or its suppliers.
- However, the information, concepts and opinions published on such sites do not necessarily reflect the position of Stara* Boutique Hotels, or its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, licensors and licensees (hereinafter referred to as the “Affiliates”). For this reason, Stara* Boutique Hotels is not responsible for any information, opinions and concepts that are issued on the aforementioned Web page. In this case, User is advised to consult a specialist and/or professional in the field. Likewise, Stara* Boutique Hotels is not responsible for the information contained in the Internet pages listed in this document, including subpages, on the understanding that the use and monitoring thereof is at the risk and responsibility of User.
- Stara* Boutique Hotels reserves the right to block access or partially or totally remove any information, communication or material that in its sole discretion may be: i) abusive, defamatory or obscene; ii) fraudulent, deceptive or tricky; iii) violating copyrights, trademarks, confidentiality, trade secrets or any other intellectual property rights of a third party; iv) offensive, or; v) in any way contravening the provisions of this Agreement. If User wishes to obtain more information on a specific subject provided by Stara* Boutique Hotels or its suppliers, he/she should consult it directly with each one of them, as appropriate, and/or with a specialist in the matter.
- User acknowledges that Stara* Boutique Hotels does not previously control or censure the content available on the Web page. For this reason, Stara* Boutique Hotels does not assume any responsibility for the content provided on such page by independent or external suppliers to Stara* Boutique Hotels and does not have editorial control over the content, information and/or material generated and/or provided by third parties. All opinions, advices, statements, services, offers or other information or content expressed or made available to the public by third parties belong to their respective authors and Stara* Boutique Hotels assumes no responsibility for this content. Similarly, Stara* Boutique Hotels does not guarantee the accuracy, truthfulness, breadth and/or usefulness of any content provided by such third parties. In addition, Stara* Boutique Hotels is not responsible for and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness and/or reliability of any opinion, information, advice or statement expressed by Stara* Boutique Hotels through its Web page, and under no circumstances Stara* Boutique Hotels shall be liable for any damage and/or prejudice, direct or indirect, caused by virtue of the trust that User may place in information obtained through its Website. Stara* Boutique Hotels reserves the right to delete or modify the content of this Web page that, in the exclusive judgment of Stara* Boutique Hotels, does not comply with its standards or that might be contrary to the current set of laws and, therefore, will not be responsible for any failure or delay generated when eliminating such material.
- User accepts and agrees not to use the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com or with respect to the “Website”, devices or mechanisms, including software, routines, malicious or unauthorized codes, engines, tools, agents, robots, spiders, trackers, data mining tools, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malware, programs, time bombs, bots, junk mail or other harmful components (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Devices”) or not to engage in any conduct that has the object or effect of (i) interrupting, altering, destroying, impairing, restringing, manipulating or interfering with or otherwise obstructing the proper working of the “Website”, including its Content, access to or provision of services to the “Website”, or (ii) monitoring, taking advantage or otherwise using the Content, or downloading the Content other than the Downloadable Content from the “Website”. In addition, it is forbidden and you agree not: to take any action to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the software used in connection with the Website; violate any restrictions of the “Website” or otherwise omit, violate or circumvent any security or authentication measures and/or other measures used to prevent or limit access to the “Website”; to send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, e-mail, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other forms of solicitation; or to use or send altered, misleading or false information that identifies the source; to substitute or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; to collect or store from the “Website” any personal identifiable information regarding other users of the “Website” without their express permission; to intercept or expropriate any system or information from the “Website”; to create or share “mirror” information or otherwise incorporate any part of the “Website” or Content into any other website, mobile application, product or service without our prior written authorization; to use meta-tags or other hidden text or metadata that use the Content without our express written consent; and generally, to engage in any conduct that: (i) infringes or misappropriates the rights of Stara* Boutique Hotels and/or the respective owners of the rights in question; (ii) has a fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive purpose; (iii) has the object or effect of including defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive content in the “Website”; (iv) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (v) constitutes a threat or promotes violence or actions that threaten any person or entity; (vi) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; (vii) is otherwise unlawful under the applicable law.
With respect to all communications you make available, provide or send to Stara* Boutique Hotels, including, but not limited to, information, comments, questions, remarks, proposals, content, suggestions, presentations, reviews, photographs, images, designs, music, videos, ideas, concepts, know-how, content, techniques and/or any other material (hereinafter referred to as the “Communications”), and any and all Communications that you voluntarily post, send, view or upload on the “Website”, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly granted) to Stara* Boutique Hotels the worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right and license in our sole discretion to: (i) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from, publicly display, perform and/or use or disclose or share with others such Communications or incorporate such Communications in any form, forum, medium or technology for any purpose in any part of the world in any medium, known or to be known, including without limitation: the development, production and marketing of products and services incorporating such Communications; and/or (ii) use the name you submit in connection with such Communications; and/or provide attribution of your Communications (e.g., listing your name and hometown in a hotel review you submit) in our sole discretion.
In this regard, we encourage you not to send any confidential message, or containing sensitive or financial information through the means provided by the “Website”. Only use these means to send us non-confidential messages. If you choose to send messages with confidential information, or containing sensitive or financial information, you do so at your own knowledge, will and risk.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
Request for Information and Privacy Notice
Users acknowledge that, by providing the personal information required for any of the services provided on this Website, they grant Stara* Boutique Hotels the authorization set forth in Article 109 of the Federal Copyright Law. In all cases, Users shall be responsible for the accuracy of the information provided to Stara* Boutique Hotels.
Likewise, for the provision of services, User also agrees to accept the terms and conditions stipulated for this purpose.
In compliance with provisions contained in the Federal Personal Data Protection Law, our Privacy Notice, which sets out how we handle the personal data we collect and with whom we share them, is available to you in the Privacy Notice (http://www.starahotels.com). By using this Website, you accept and authorize the processing, use and transfer of your personal data to third parties as described in it, and also guarantee that all data provided by you is accurate.
Copyright and Industrial Property
Stara* Boutique Hotels, the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com, its logos and all material appearing on the site, are trademarks, domain names, commercial notices, trade names and artistic works owned by their respective owners and are protected by international treaties and applicable laws on industrial property, intellectual property and copyright.
The copyrights on the content, organization, collection, compilation, information, logos, photographs, images, programs, applications, and in general any information contained or published in the “Website”: http://www.starahotels.com, are duly protected in favor of Stara* Boutique Hotels, its affiliates, suppliers and/or their respective owners, in accordance with the applicable laws in intellectual and industrial property matters.
User is expressly forbidden from modifying, altering or deleting, whether totally or partially, distinctive signs, commercial notices, brands, commercial names, signs, announcements, logos or, in general, any indication referring to the ownership of the information contained in the aforementioned “Website”.
In the event that User transmits to Stara* Boutique Hotels any information, programs, applications, software or in general any material that requires to be licensed through the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com, User hereby grants Stara* Boutique Hotels a perpetual, universal, free, non-exclusive, worldwide and royalty-free license, which includes the rights to sublicense, sell, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works, exhibit and publicly perform them.
In view of the foregoing, User expressly waives hereby to carry out any action, suit or claim against Stara* Boutique Hotels, its affiliates or suppliers for any current or eventual breach of any copyright or intellectual property derived from the information, programs, applications, software, ideas and other material that such User sends to the website http://www.starahotels.com.
It is our policy to take action against breaches that in intellectual property matters may cause or originate under applicable law and other intellectual property laws, including removing or blocking access to material that is subject to activities that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties.
User acknowledges and accepts that Stara* Boutique Hotels is an independent organization of third party sponsors and advertisers whose information, images, advertisements and other advertising or promotional material (hereinafter referred to as the “Advertising Material”) may be published on the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com.
User acknowledges and accepts that the Advertising Material does not form part of the main content published on the Website. Likewise, he/she recognizes and accepts hereby that this material is protected by the laws that in intellectual and industrial property matters may be applicable.
Disclaimer of Warranties
User agrees that the use of the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com is made at his/her own risk and that the services and products provided and offered therein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Stara* Boutique Hotels does not guarantee that the Web page set forth satisfies the user’s requirements or that the services offered therein are uninterrupted, safe or error-free.
Stara* Boutique Hotels does not guarantee or endorse in any way the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, morality or any other characteristic of the content of the material to be published on the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com.
Stara* Boutique Hotels disclaims any liability and conditions, both express and implied, in connection with the services and information contained or available on or through this website, including without limitation:
- The availability of use of the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com.
- The absence of viruses, errors, deactivators or any other contaminating material or with destructive functions in the information or programs available in or through this Web page, or in general any failure in such Website.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Stara* Boutique Hotels or its suppliers may constantly update the content of the Web page, for which User is requested to take into account that some information advertised or contained on or through this “Website” may have become obsolete and/or contain inaccuracies or typographical or spelling errors.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Stara* Boutique Hotels shall not be liable, in any event, for direct, special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages in any form whatsoever arising out of or relating to:
- The use or execution of the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com, with the delay or unavailability for use by Stara* Boutique Hotels.
- The provision or lack of the same of services of any information or graphics contained or published in or through the aforementioned “Website”.
- The updating or lack of updating of the information.
- The alteration or modification, total or partial, of the information after having been included on this Website.
- Any other aspect or characteristic of the information contained or published in the Web page or through the links that may be included in this site.
- The provision or lack of provision that the other services, all previous assumptions shall be in force, even in the cases in which Stara* Boutique Hotels has been notified or warned about the possibility of such damages.
Modifications to Website of Stara* Boutique Hotels
Stara* Boutique Hotels may, at any time and whenever it considers convenient, needless of notifying the User, make corrections, additions, improvements or modifications to the content, presentation, information, services, areas, databases and other elements of such “Website”, without this giving rise to any claim or compensation, nor does this imply the recognition of any responsibility in favor of User.
Modifications to the Terms and Conditions
Stara* Boutique Hotels reserves the right to modify the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE of this Agreement at any time, such modifications being effective immediately through:
- Publication of the Agreement modified on the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com.
- Notification to User of such modifications.
Thus, User agrees to review this Agreement periodically in order to keep updated of such changes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each time User accesses the aforementioned “Website” shall be considered as an absolute acceptance of the amendments to this Agreement.
From time to time, Stara* Boutique Hotels may add to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE of this Agreement additional provisions relating to specific areas or new services that are provided on or through the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Additional Terms”), which shall be published in the specific areas or new services of that Website for its reading and acceptance. User acknowledges and accepts that these Additional Terms form an integral part of this Agreement for all legal purposes as may deem advisable.
Assignment of Rights
Stara* Boutique Hotels may, at any time and whenever it deems appropriate, assign all or part of its rights and liabilities under this Agreement. By virtue of this assignment, Stara* Boutique Hotels shall be released from any obligation in favor of User, provided in this Agreement.
User agrees to indemnify Stara* Boutique Hotels, its affiliates, suppliers, vendors, and consultants from and against any action, suit, or claim (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising from any breach by User to this Agreement, including, but not limited to, any arising from:
- Any aspect related to the use of the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com.
- The information contained in or available on or through such Website or for libel, defamation or any other conduct breaching this Agreement by User in the usage of the aforementioned Website.
- Breach of applicable laws or international treaties related to copyright or intellectual property, contained or available on or through this Website.
Stara* Boutique Hotels reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and needles of notice or notification to User, to:
- Terminate this Agreement definitively.
- Discontinue or stop publishing definitively the “Website” http://www.starahotels.com without any responsibility for Stara* Boutique Hotels, its affiliates or suppliers.
These TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, as well as the Additional Terms, constitute the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede any other agreement or arrangement previously entered into. Any clause or provision of this Agreement, as well as the Additional Terms, legally declared invalid, will be eliminated or modified at the choice of Stara* Boutique Hotels, with the purpose of correcting its vice or defect. However, all other clauses or provisions shall remain in force, binding and valid.
Non-Waiver of Rights
The failure of Stara* Boutique Hotels, its affiliates or suppliers to exercise any right or action arising from this Agreement, should, in any time, not be construed as a waiver of such rights or actions.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws and the courts of Mexico City.