DIEGO RIVERA AND FRIDA KAHLO MUSEUM
Distance 1 km
Declared artistic monument in 1998, the twin houses, were built in 1931 by the young architect and friend of the couple Juan O´Gorman at the request of Diego Rivera. It was one of the first functionalist constructions in Latin America, incorporating in a very natural manner the Mexican organic style. It is dedicated to preserve the muralist and his wife’s memory, as well as to the study and analysis of their artistic generation.
Distance 1.3 km
San Ángel and its heritage are famous for its history, monuments, and civil and religious architecture; as well as, for their museums, squares, streets, and traditional festivities. It holds one of the most important popular art markets in the country, as well as a great number of art galleries. Since 1856 is the host of the Feria de las Flores. In 1934, San Ángel was granted the Pictures Typical Town declaration.
CASA DEL RISCO MUSEUM
Distance 1.4 km
It is a mansion with immense historical value which dates back to the 18th century and one of the beauties of Plaza San Jacinto. The museum houses seven halls with religious and civil, baroque art, religious European, landscape painting, genre scenes, and portraits of kings and nobles. This collection was donated by their former owners.
SAN JACINTO SQUARE
Distance 1.4 km
It is a landscaped square cluttered with cultural richness and famous for being the neuralgic point of several artists dedicated to handicrafts, especially painters. The avenue cobblestoned on the sidewalk, paved on the street and surrounded by Colonial Mansions transports you to another time. This square is famous for the offer of numerous painters. Be sure to visit the famous Bazar del Sábado, where you could admire and buy a great variety of paintings drawing by excellent artists.
SAN ÁNGEL MARKET
Distance 1.5 km
The Melchor Muzquiz Market (Mercado de Melchor Muzquiz), better known as Mercado de San Ángel, is one of the most traditional markets in Mexico City. For 50 years, the market was nothing more than a place to buy products and groceries. It was renovated in 2008 with a mural made by Ariosto Otero, portraying the history of commerce and includes faces of characters that have contributed to the current culture of Mexico.
DEL CARMEN CHURCH AND FORMER CONVENT
Distance 1.7 km
Dedicated to the history of the daily living of the religious order of Carmelitas Descalzas. The bell tower, three cupolas and façade stand out for their beauty and architecture. Presently, functions as a museum and holds paintings of Novo-hispanic art.