THE PRIVACY NOTICE IS PART OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE https://www.starahotels.com.
“OPERADORA DE INMUEBLES STARA”, SOCIEDAD ANONIMA DE CAPITAL VARIABLE (Business Corporation of Variable Capital), (hereinafter “STARA*”) with address at BOSQUE DE DURAZNOS No. 55, INTERIOR 103, COLONIA BOSQUES DE LAS LOMAS, 11700, Delegacion Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City, in compliance with provisions contained in the Federal Personal Data Protection Law and in order to guarantee the privacy, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data, and in this regard we inform you the following:
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
Full name (*); address (*); date of birth (*); country and place of birth; nationality; if applicable, e-mail (*), occupation, (*) profession, activity or type of business you are engaged (*); identification data, landline and cell telephone numbers (*); e-mails, copy of personal ID (IFE Official ID, passport, immigration form or any other official identification), Single Population Registry Identity Number (CURP); Federal Taxpayers’ Registry (RFC) code, credit and/or debit card number and security code of it which are obtained by telephone, e-mail, online reservation systems (expedia, booking, etc.), front desk or by means which reservation requests are received.
User registration on “STARA*” web page: In order to make a reservation you will need to enter a name, landline and cell phone, company, country, e-mail, comments, dates of stay (check-in and check-out).
“STARA*” DO NOT USE SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
What purpose will be used for your personal data?
The personal data collected from you will be used for the following purposes that are necessary for the service you request:
MAIN PURPOSE “A”:
- For purposes of identification and verification;
- To comply with obligations arising from the legal relationship between you and “STARA*”;
- To resolve doubts, complaints and suggestions, from users and guests of “STARA*”;
- To comply with applicable legislation, as well as with requirements of federal and local authorities;
- To generate database of customers;
- To provide the products and services requested;
- To enter into catering, event or service agreements with you;
- To prepare quotes for catering and/or events;
- To provide the following services:
- organization of events
- tourism and commercial
- For administration and monitoring of the services above-mentioned;
- To coordinate with suppliers for the realization and provision of services contracted by You
- For contact;
- To develop customer profiles, to offer them products, services and/or events of “STARA*”;
- To assess the quality of the service we provide and for statistical purposes of “STARA*”
- For booking, stay and payment guarantee of hotel guests and after check-out, they are used for statistical purposes.
- To guarantee the payment of reservations and correctly generate the billing of customers.
MAIN PURPOSE “B”:
- For commercialization, promotional, advertising and technical marketing purposes in connection with “STARA*”.
- To provide after-sales services of “STARA*”. In addition, we will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but that allow us to provide better attention to you:
- To report on new services, products or events related to previous services, including sending advertising and newsletters
- To comply with obligations related to previous services
- To assess the quality and service
- Internal and of service analysis
To develop customer profiles to provide them products and services of our subsidiary, affiliated and/or companies of the same group, and especially of “STARA*”. If you do not want your personal data to be processed for these additional purposes, from this moment you can communicate the above, through the following procedure: send your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to the Marketing Department, Responsible Party: Daniela Gomez-Orozco (Marketing Director), with the same requirements as to exercise the ARCO rights, as set forth below.
The refusal to use your personal data for these purposes may not be a reason for us to deny you the services and products you request or contract with us.
Whom do we share your personal information and what purposes is for?
We inform you that your personal data is shared within the following parties, companies, organizations and authorities other than us, and for the following purposes:
- To our subsidiary, affiliated and/or companies of the same group;
- Individual and legal entities, with whom we have a legal or business relationship;
- Suppliers with whom we have a legal or business relationship to give you the service you have requested from “STARA”;
- To the corresponding reception and accounting department.
The transfer shall be for the following purposes only:
- Marketing, advertising and promotional purposes regarding “STARA*”;
- Properly make guests’ reservations;
- Ensure payment of reservations;
- Properly generate customer billing;
- Keep a proper control of statistics;
- Establish any legal relationship.
We inform you that for transfer of data set forth with an asterisk (*) we require your consent; therefore, “STARA*” obtains such consent. If you do not express your refusal for such transfers, we will understand that you have authorized us to do so.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW THEY ARE USED?
How can you access, rectify or cancel your personal data, or object to its use, as well as revoke your consent to the use of your personal data?
You have the right to know what personal data we hold about you, what we use it for and the conditions of use we give it (Access). It is also your right to request the correction of your personal information in case it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); that we remove it from our records or databases when you believe that it is not being used in accordance with the principles, duties and obligations provided for in the regulations ( Cancellation); as well as to oppose the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Opposition). These rights are known as ARCO rights.
THE REQUEST FOR ACCESS, CORRECTION, CANCELLATION, OPPOSITION AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT, will be made through the following procedure:
- Send your request by email: email@example.com, addressed to the Public Relations Department, and the consent you have given us for that purpose must contain the following information:
- The name of the holder and address or other means of communicating the response to your request;
- Documents proving the identity or, if applicable, the legal capacity of the holder as well as the official document which attests his/her powers;
- The clear and precise description of the personal data in respect of which one of the aforementioned rights is sought; and
- Any other element or document that facilitates the location of the personal data.
You or your legal representative, have the right as the personal data holder to exercise the ARCO Rights (access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition) to the management of your personal data in the following institution: the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data (INAI) (https://inicio.inai.org.mx/SitePages/ifai.aspx) within 15 days from the date you receive the reply from “STARA*” or as of ending the 20-day term from the date of receipt of your application for exercise of rights, if “STARA*” does not respond to your request.
Employees and suppliers (a natural person or a proxy or shareholder of a supplier) of STARA* will apply to you the Privacy Notice contained herein.
Any MODIFICATION TO THIS NOTICE will be notified through the website https://www.starahotels.com.
For any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the time of providing your Personal Data to “STARA*” you were informed of the content of this Privacy Notice, which was read by you, and it is deemed you have expressed you conformity.
In this sense, you authorize “STARA*” to transfer your data to third parties whether national or foreign with this Privacy Notice and you have given your consent to “STARA*” to use the aforementioned data in terms of this notice. For any dispute or claim arising therefrom, Parties submit to the jurisdiction of Mexico City.
LAST UPDATING: JULY 2019.